Southernhay House is a boutique hotel in the centre of Exeter and is a short stroll from the shops and restaurants of Medieval Cathedral Close and the main shopping centre of Princesshay and Fore Street. We are independent, treat our guests as individuals and offer a friendly base in the city.
The beautiful grade II* listed Georgian townhouse was originally home to Major General William Kirkpatrick from 1805-1813, a bohemian character who worked for the East India Company. You may spot a nod to this in the rooms, named after trades synonymous with Exeter’s past as a mercantile hub, so expect to stay in Silk, Cotton, Ivory and Spice among others…
The need to know stuff…
- Checking in and out – Check in time is 3pm, but feel free to arrive earlier and use the facilities of the hotel. Check out is at 11am. Later check outs will be accommodated if possible.
- Booking T&Cs – Cancellation is free of charge up to 3pm on the day before your arrival, after which a full one-night charge will be made. In giving us your credit card details, you confirm agreement to these terms and conditions.
- Parking – We have a driveway in front of the hotel where you can unload your bags, check in and find your bearings. There are several managed car parks close by and parking on the road in Southernhay East itself is free overnight.
- Wifi – this is free and available throughout the hotel.
- Dogs – We do not accept dogs in the rooms. For bar or restaurant guests, dogs are welcome in the garden or on the terrace.
- Smoking – Southernhay House is a non-smoking hotel. A £200 fee will be charged should we need to deep clean your bedroom for any reason.
- Children – We have no facilities for small children; older children are welcome to book into our rooms on an adult basis.
- Restaurant – we serve food at lunchtimes and in the evening in our Bar, cosy Club Room or, weather permitting, outside on the terrace: you choose where you’d like to eat!
Southernhay House Hotel is a friendly, independently owned hotel in the heart of Exeter city centre. Our focus is on making you the centre of your stay, and creating a luxe environment which is easy and comfortable for you. Our dedicated full time staff are on hand to make sure all your needs are met during your stay. Don’t hesitate to ask us for any extras, booking for lunch or dinner, advice on the area and attractions, dietary requirements or travel arrangements.
Meet The Team
- Managers: Noga Shelah and Sally French
- Duty Manager: Lily Davey-Attlee
- Chefs: Paul Brinicombe and Matt Hallett
- Owners: Tony Orchard & Deborah Clark