Southernhay House Hotel stands proudly in the city centre of Exeter and is just a short stroll from the shops and restaurants of the popular Cathedral quarter.
The beautiful grade II listed Georgian townhouse was originally home to Major General William Kirkpatrick in the 1800’s, a bohemian character who worked for the East India Company. You may spot a nod to this in the rooms, with each being named after trades synonymous with Exeter’s past as a nautical port, so expect to stay in Silk, Cotton, Ivory and Spice among others…
The need to know stuff…
- Checking in and out – Check in time is 3pm (feel free to arrive earlier and use the facilities of the hotel) and check out is at 11am.
- Booking T&C’s – Cancellation is free of charge up to 3pm on the day before your arrival, after which a full one-night charge will be made. In giving us your credit card details, you confirm agreement to these terms and conditions.
- Parking – We have a driveway in front of the hotel where you can unload your bags, check in and find your bearings. There are several managed car parks close by. We have a preferential rate for parking in the secure NCP car park a short walk away and parking in the road in Southernhay East itself is free overnight.
- Wifi – this is free and available throughout the hotel.
- Dogs – We regret we do not accept resident dogs. For bar or restaurant guests, dogs are welcome in the garden or on the terrace.
- Smoking – Southernhay House is a non-smoking hotel. A £200 fee will be charged should we need to deep clean your bedroom for any reason.
- Children – We have no facilities for small children; older children are welcome to book into our rooms on an adult basis.
Southernhay House Hotel is a friendly, independently owned hotel in the heart of Exeter city centre. Passionately run, our focus is on making your stay as comfortable and memorable as possible. We are a small team of dedicated full time staff, on hand to make sure all your needs are met during your stay.
Meet The Team
- Managers: Noga Shelah and Sally French
- Bar Manager: Paulius Markonis
- Chef: John Kay
- Owners: Tony Orchard & Deborah Clark