COVID-19/Coronavirus measures at Southernhay House
18 March 2020
We’ve taken the decision, ahead of the curve, to close on 27th March.
Subject to then medical advice, we’re planning on re-opening by the end of June. We’re continuing, during our closed period, with our two current build projects:
The Green Room – a glass pavilion attached to the bar and opening onto the garden. Perfect for posing, socialising, romancing and parties. Can’t wait for the launch party. Want an invite? Want to stay in the loop? Join our mail list by emailing us email@example.com with “VIP yes!”
SevenCentral – our new super-luxury apartment next door to the hotel. This marvel is going to be your go-to private retreat with all the facilities of the hotel on tap. Follow the design progress on our feeds!
We’re still a team here at #SoHoEx: keep us busy with your comments, enquiries and bookings for later in the year and see you soon.
13 March 2020
We’re doing everything we can to keep our staff and our guests safe in a time of uncertainty.
The first thing we want to say is that the hotel is a simple operation. We don’t have the comings and goings of larger hotels and we are able to offer our guests individual attention and consideration. We’ve always taken pride in our standards of service and cleanliness. At this time we appreciate that you’d like a little more reassurance, so we’re setting out here our pledge to you to do everything we can to ensure your safe and worry-free stay.
These are the issues you may be concerned about:
- Each of our 11 bedrooms is cleaned thoroughly between every guest stay; housekeeping typically spends an hour on each room (industry norm 30 mins). We have always used alcohol wipes (at over 60%) on door handles, telephone and radio sets and light switches. This is our normal minimum standard.
In response to the virus:
- We hold a daily “mini cobra” meeting with the Owners and the General Manager to consider current emergency guidelines and our response. Also, any specific risk factors arising in the hotel are assessed.
- At this point, staff are not permitted to travel abroad in their holiday unless in an emergency
- Any staff returning from travel abroad are expected to stay away from the workplace for 7 days.
- Any staff feeling ill (with any symptoms) are temperature tested on site. If they show a raised temperature, they are asked to follow current Department of Health guidelines.
- Staff are routinely asked to take “spot” temperature tests, for additional reassurance.
- Our cancellation policy for all bookings from now to end May 2020 has been simplified: cancellation is free up to 3pm on the date before your stay. If you have already purchased one of our “Advance Payment” special deals, you can move this immediately to the same day of the week in any month from June-August and October-December 2020.
- Our guests are asked not to book for any date within two weeks of foreign travel and, obviously, not to book or check in if they are feeling unwell (with any symptoms). We will double-check this with you on arrival.